6 Funds-Pleasant Staycation Concepts For Households
I’m a firm believer in having multiple vacations planned throughout the year. Not only does this give you something to look forward to, but it can fulfill your sense of adventure, provide warranted periods of relaxation, or simply offer chances to make new memories!
Even if travel or multi-day trips aren’t feasible for you right now, you can still achieve the same vacation vibes with some creative staycation ideas. A staycation is essentially vacationing at home or a day trip within driving distance of your home that doesn’t require overnight accommodations. Here are a few budget-friendly staycation ideas for families.
- Camping. Set up a campsite in your backyard or go to a local campground. Roast s’mores, tell campfire tales, and soak in the sights and sounds of nature around you.
- Boating. Take in sunshine and fresh air on the water. Rent a boat, hit your favorite local fishing spots, or find a good place to float in the water. Explore nearby fishing lakes that you’ve been wanting to try.
- Film Festival. Host a themed movie marathon at home with all the theater essentials—snacks, popcorn, cozy blankets, and your favorite movie line-up.
- Fort Building. What’s more fun for kids (and adults) than building a whole new world? Use blankets and furniture and whatever you can gather to construct magnificent forts inside the house or out. Make it magical with twinkle lights, music, and imagination.
- Outdoor Dinner. Nothing says vacation like a delicious meal under the stars. Whether you’re grilling barbecue or ordering in pizza, create a fun dining experience with decorations, music, and outdoor activities like yard games.
- Game Night. Dig out the old board games and puzzles and take it back to the days of interacting with your loved ones face to face. Make this a no-phone night for added enjoyment.
Try out these fun and budget-friendly staycation ideas with your family this summer and make memories to last a lifetime.